ABOUT DANVILLE CHURCH OF CHRIST
The origins of The Church go back to the New Testament in the Bible to 33AD after the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and His Disciples establishing it shortly after recorded in the book of Acts. The Danville Church of Christ has it beginnings in Danville, Ohio back to 1893. Originally located in downtown Danville in Knox County, Ohio, the church relocated a short distance away to its current location on Danville Jelloway Road on May 21, 1995 and has had two building phases that make up our current facilities. We are a New Testament Church from a movement called the Restoration Movement made up of independent Christian churches and churches of Christ (Instrumental). No creed, but Christ. Not the only Christians, but Christians only. We are a congregation modeled after the New Testament Church.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
***future place of our mission and vision statements
We Believe in these core doctrinal areas:
• There is only one God, our Creator-Isaiah 45:18
• The Bible is the inspired word of God -1 Timothy 3:16-17
• God wants us to worship in Spirit and in Truth-John 4:23-24
• That God’s Word is our only Authority-2 Timothy 4:1-5
• Marriage was given to us by God and His design was between a man and woman – Genesis 2:24
Jesus Christ & His Church
• Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church-Ephesians 1:22-23
• The Church is the spiritual body of Christ-1 Corinthians 12:12
• Jesus is the Son of God- John 3:16-17
• Jesus is only way to God-John14:6
• We are to be a New Testament Church only-Acts 2
• We are to observe Lord’s Supper (Communion) on the First Day of the Week as example in the New Testament until Christ returns-Matthew 26:26-29, 1 Corinthians 11:23-29
• All sin and fall short of the glory of God-Romans 8:28
• God sent Jesus to be the sacrifice and save us from our sins-1 Corinthians 15:1-8
• Once you become a Christian you become a member of the Church body and remain faithful to God and His Church.-Ephesians 5:30, Hebrews 10:25
HOW DO I BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
Plan of Salvation
Salvation is a process of:
o Hearing the Gospel message of Jesus Christ-Romans 10:13-17
o Believing in the message of Jesus Christ-John 2:30-31
o Repenting of our sins and surrendering our lives fully to God –Luke 13:3-5
o Confessing Jesus as Lord-Romans 10:9-10
o Being baptized by immersion in water for the remission of our sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit-1 Peter 3:21
o Be faithful-2 Peter 1:5-11
If you have questions about becoming a Christian or need help studying what the Bible says about salvation, please contact the church and our Minister or one of our Elders will be glad to set up a time to study with you.
*To learn more about the churches of Christ/Christian Churches, doctrine, and what we believe visit this Church of Christ/Christian Church page or contact our church for more information.